ALF19 will take place on Wednesday 19 June, 2019 in the Diamond Building in Sheffield. Free tickets are now publicly available. Get in quick as they are going fast!
We are delighted to announce that Professor Zahir Irani from Bradford University will be our keynote speaker on the value of alumni, and we will have presentations from:
- Nicola Pogson, Director of Alumni Relations at Imperial College
- Fiona Tinto, E-Resources Librarian at Strathclyde University
- Rachel Daniels (ALF Chair) and Kassia Gardner, Alumni Communications Manager, both from Cranfield University.
For anyone who has not attended before here’s why you may want to join us:
- ALF19 is a completely free event which aims to encourage, inspire and inform anyone involved in setting up and developing an alumni library service. Library, IT and Alumni Office staff are all welcome.
- It provides a great informal forum for discussion and networking, with case studies from libraries already working in this field.
- Attendees can also speak with alumni resource vendors.
Here’s what people said about ALF17:
“This event was such a positive and encouraging experience.”
“ALF17 was one of the most informative and practical conferences I have ever been to, I made some great contacts and picked up some useful tips to help me get started on our alumni provision.”
“Very informative. I have gone to sign up to the online resources available and have started to develop plans for improving our alumni library resources as a result.”
Research Monitor for Alumni now available
We are very pleased to confirm that Euromonitor International is offering access to their Research Monitor product for Alumni use. The licence terms remain non-commercial but users will benefit for continuing professional development.
Your institution does not have to subscribe to Passport to take up this offer.
Research Monitor is a business reference database offering high quality research on industries, countries and consumers. With access to more than 5,000 industry and country reports across 80 countries including the UK and daily articles on factors influencing the business landscape, it is an ideal resource for business research.
Research Monitor offers:
- Timely analysis of key issues influencing the country and business environment
- Comprehensive demographic, macro-economic and marketing statistics
- Top-level analysis of industries
- Market sizes and forecasts
- Easy identification of the leading companies
- Global trends predicted to influence markets in the future
For further information please contact Nick by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 020 7251 8024 EXT 1458